Starting in the summer of 1929, Kurten held the city of Dusseldorf, Germany, in a grip of fear. Almost every week a fresh corpse was found, horribly slashed or bludgeoned to death, sometimes sexually assaulted. Most of the victims were young women, although men and children were not excluded. This unassuming killer sent police friendly letters explaining where undiscovered corpses lie, even going so far as to draw them a map. His atrocities continued for 15 months totaling over 30 murders. Kurten told authorities he liked to kill, “the more people the better. Yes, if I had had the means of doing so, I would have killed whole masses of people — brought about catastrophes”. He prowled for victims nightly finding sexual gratification in the slayings. The one way he achieved the ultimate satisfaction in killing was to catch the blood spurting from a victim’s wounds in his mouth and swallow it. Hence, Peter Kurten became known as the Vampire of Dusseldorf. Kurten was guillotined in Cologne, Germany on July 2, 1931. In his last moments, he said he wondered if he would hear his own blood spurting after his neck was severed.
tagged as: peter kurten. serial killer. gruesome.
- cheesienburg reblogged this from theynevercomeback
- hairspraymcqueen reblogged this from serialkillerfetish
- underabridgeinparadisecity likes this
- dahmersapartment reblogged this from coldbloodcoldheart
- girlwithaheart likes this
- ridddlesinthedark reblogged this from coldbloodcoldheart and added:
- originalweapon likes this
- serialkillerfetish reblogged this from evilminds
- like-fairy-acid reblogged this from evilminds
- evilminds reblogged this from coldbloodcoldheart
- nickthejam likes this
- jesjazmeandsimsys reblogged this from coldbloodcoldheart
- coldbloodcoldheart posted this